Week 7 of Thankful Thursday Challenge
I am truly amazed how quickly the weeks are flying by! We seem to gallop from Thankful Thursday to Thankful Thursday!
Whether you're doing the challenge to reach 2018 "thankful points" by the end of the year, or whether you're just being thankful, feel free to add a link to any post that talks of thankfulness to the end of this post. The more thankful posts we read, the easier it will be for us to feel thankful, don't you agree? I do just ask you to visit at least two posts from the others who link up, and share at least three of the other linked posts on at least two social media of your choice. That is, of course, if there are three!
Tip for the week: How to Join a Linkup Party
If you're anything like me, it's easy to dash off a post and schedule it on your website. But the problem then is we want to get onto the next post, and let the finished one take care of itself. And of course, it doesn't work that way. We have to promote our posts, and if you're like me, that is not easy.
Only recently, I became aware of the value of "linkup parties." I'm not sure why it's called a party, but the linkup part of the name I understand. Sue Loncaric wrote a guest post for me on the value of participating in a link party. You can read it here.Have you heard of Link Parties? Here's how to join in the fun. Click To Tweet
So how do you join a linkup party?
- Choose a post you'd like to share. It should be one that fits the theme of the party. Make sure you have a picture of some sort on the post.
- Copy the URL (the address as you see it in your browser window).
- Scroll to the end of the linkup details on the post where you want to post your link.
- You'll see a small button, usually at the bottom left of the post, that says something like Add Your Link. Click on that and fill in the few things the hosting service asks you for.
- Your link will appear next to the others, picture included. (Some linkups don't have images, in which case yours will appear the same as the others, sans image.)
- Follow any "rules" listed for the party. e.g. if you link to mine, you'll see I request you to
- Visit at least two of the other links, leave a comment and share them on a few social media sites (at least 2).
- Share at least one more site on two social media.
So now, on to my list for this week:
I am working in advance now, which is great. So most of these events took place a couple of weeks ago. Last week I ended my growing list of thanks on 224.
Picking up again on
- David arrived safely home from two weeks in Dubai after a work assignment.
- Good Skype chat with Debbie, sharing some chuckles over remembered fun times with Zoe.
- So many comments of sympathy and encouragement on the loss of Zoe helped me feel supported by many.
- All our kids and kids-in-law (is that a word?) contacted us re Zoe, even though, with the exception of Debbie and Craig, they hardly knew the dog.
- Skype contact with family members this week.
- Chat on Skype with nephew Shawn in London.
- Received the cutest video clip via whatsapp of our littlest grandchildren learning to surf. (The smallest is only four years old!)
- Getting used to life without Zoe, although we still miss her, and always look for her when we arrive home, or when we're dishing up meals.
- Being able to increase the length and speed of our daily walks now that we don't have Zoe to set the pace.
- Meeting good friend, Jen, again after a five-week break in the UK.
- Being able to share a deep concern with Jen, knowing she will pray and support us during this time.
- Answers to prayers for Jen's family who are in the process of leaving the UK and immigrating to Australia.
- They had to travel with an extremely ill toddler, but God enabled them to get safely to South Africa. Praying for a miracle of healing for this little boy.
- The truth of Lamentations 3:25
- Wonderful outing to see Showtime in the theater.
- Getting four perfect seats for neighbor Gladys, Jen and the two of us, despite a totally packed hall when we arrived.
- Arriving about two minutes before the start of the show (having been given the wrong time!)
- New lady at Happy Echo choir.
- Discovering new lady is a church friend's mother-in-law.
- a big shop done. Everything is SO expensive, yet we're grateful that we can do this. So many can't.
- looking forward to Prime Timers starting up again this Saturday. (I'll be able to report on this before this post goes live.)
- a good chat with a church member who may be interested in helping with Prime Timers.
- able to make positive suggestions to friend Marion re improving the RSI that's developing in her wrist. (Been there, done that - didn't require surgery.)
- brother Al and Denise settling down in their new home in East London.
- video clip of their dogs enjoying the sea which they'd never seen before.
- beautiful photo of the stunning beach near where they've settled.
- able to buy a silver and a gold pen for my cards.
- coffee with Jen yesterday evening when she popped in to get something from me.
- seeing Jen's daughter, Kate, here for a couple of weeks from the UK en route to Australia.
- seeing her son-in-law, Denver again.
- meeting her gorgeous grandson, Ezra, for the first time in the flesh
- the feeling of knowing him so well thanks to whatsapp photos and videos!
- Solanga Mikiva who preached on Matthew 5 about what it means to murder someone, and the way to avoid it.
- hearing Solanga brought an excellent message to our village's Friday service.
- having finally plucked up courage to have a gastroscopy to check my reflux and vocal chord damage.
- for my GP not charging for the last appointment.
- for Rob's hearing improving since he started the sprays the GP prescribed.
- that it doesn't look as if there's anything wrong with his hearing aids. (Whew!)
- I have Sudoku on my cellphone.
- I have Sudoku on my tablet. 🙂
Below, read the details of the Link-up.
- Please don't forget to add a link to your Thankful post below and I will attempt to visit them all.
- Please remember to visit at least two of the other linked posts. That way we help boost one another's sites. Thank you.
- Share at least three of the other linked posts on at least two social media of your choice.
- Copy the code in the window below and then paste it at the end of your post. This will add my blog button and link.
- Keep listing your thankful points!
- And come again next week.
|<div align="center"><a title="Thankful Thursday 07" href="https://shirleycorder.com/thankful-Thursday-7/"><img style="border: none; height: auto; width: 200px;" src="https://shirleycorder.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Blog-Button-7.jpg" alt="Thankful Thursday 07" /></a></div>|