Here are my answers to the questions posed for the Share Your World blogging challenge:
How many languages do you speak?
I speak two languages: English, my primary tongue and Afrikaans.
What are you reading, watching, listening to, eating?
- I am currently reading The Last Plea Bargain by Randy Singer.
- My husband and I are watching a series of DVDs called “The Mentalist”.
- I’m listening to podcasts by Joanna Penn on different aspects of writing on my mp3 player.
- I’ve just finished eating breakfast—muesli with added oat bran, nuts and raisins, Bulgarian yoghurt and low fat milk.
What was the last photo you took with your phone?
“Spring Flowers” (see below). We have a spectacular display of spring flowers—wherever there is a patch of vacant land. The only problem with this photo is it’s May and we’re just heading into winter!
What is your favorite time of day?
Sitting up in bed when I first awake, cradling my coffee mug brought by my wonderful husband, and thinking of all the wonderful things I’m going to achieve during the next 12 to 14 hours. (Not that I ever achieve them all, but it’s nice to imagine!)
Optional Bonus question:
What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
I was extremely grateful for two very different things last week.
- I was so thrilled to see outbreaks of Spring Flowers bursting into bloom on deserted patches of vacant land. Especially as we’re moving from summer into winter! The little flowers are as confused with the weather as we are, but it’s as if they’re saying, “Don’t worry! We’re here now and we’ll be back on Spring Day (1st September)!” (I hope they remember!)
- I’m cheating and including Sunday as last week. I had a wonderful Mother’s Day (here in S.Africa) scrolling through a wealth of unbranded dies on eBay that come from China! No shipping costs!I ordered 10 dies or die-sets for the price I anticipated paying for one here! And before you write to warn me, I know a number of people who have already got some from this source and I’m assured they are top quality and cut well. So here goes . . . It’s difficult to choose my favorite, but here are my two top choices:
|Spanish Galleon, ideal for boy’s or men’s cards.
|Card-sized die with center separate.
And I’m looking forward to . . .
On Saturday 20th we have a “Cardies” get-together. About 15-20 of us get together once a month and one of the leaders demonstrates a new card technique. This week we’re learning how to make these cards:
That’s all for this week. What piece of information have I shared about “My World” that you didn’t know about before? I’d love you to let me know in a comment below. I love reading about other writers or bloggers and their lives.
Share Your World
This is a blogging challenge headed up by Cee Neuner.
Cee posts a few questions each week, and all participants need do is answer them. It’s a cool way to get to know one another. The idea is to answer the questions without overthinking them and just have fun. If you are interested in joining this blogging challenge—just copy/paste the above questions into a new post and answer them. Then put the link for your post here: Cee’s Challenge.
Also read: Share Your World – May 8th