(Originally published September 2010. Updated 6 June, 2017)
Please note that this is in no way a medical article.
Discuss any concerns with your doctor, especially if you are pregnant.
Lime Lemon Ginger Ale is a pleasant and refreshing cold drink, ideal for a hot summer’s day. In addition to being tasty and thirst-quenching, it also has excellent health-benefits and will help you build your immune system, making it a good drink for those in-between days leading up to winter.
Benefits of Lime-Lemon Ginger Ale
Apples and lemons are rich in flavonoid, a compound that contains antioxidant and anti-cancer properties
Ginger is renowned for its many healing attributes, including cancer-fighting properties
Grapes are highly valued for their natural sugar content in the form of predigested glucose. Grapes are quickly absorbed and supply heat and energy to the body.
Limes are an excellent source of free citric acid, sugar, vitamin C, calcium and phosphorus.
Apples contain polyphenols which are also powerful antioxidants
- They contain many vitamins and minerals and the skin contains pectin, which helps to remove toxic substances
- Apples lower cholesterol and reduces skin disease
Ingredients of Lime-lemon Ginger Ale:
- 1 apple, without its core but with its skin still on
- a handful of grapes, black or red if possible
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 lemon
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger (or less according to taste)
- sparkling water
- Juice the apple and ginger together
- Add the lime, lemon and grapes.
- Pour into a glass and fill to the top with sparkling water.
- Serve with ice.
Yummy! Not to mention healthy.
Leave the skin on the apples. This makes for more nutritious juice as the skin contains more flavanoid than the pulp.
More information about ginger: About Ginger
Another recipe using ginger: Apple-ginger Tonic